[Fwd: Re: Kim's drawing # request]

Title:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Kim's drawing # request
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:32:59 -0400
From: Tim Whitlatch <whitey@jlab.org>
To: Roger Flood <flood@jlab.org>
CC: Chuck Hutton <huttonc@jlab.org>, ryan@jlab.org, "Daniel S. Carman" <carman@jlab.org>

Hi Roger,

I suggest a note on the drawing stating the file name and location. I have set up a folder on the M drive for this.it is halld/engineering/fab-files.  I have attached an explanation of the system. Please look them over. We should sit down and discuss this. I have set up a meeting for Tuesday at 9:30 am in Bldg 87 rm 100.

Thanks,

       Tim

Roger Flood wrote:
Chuck,
There remains the greater issue of how the electronic information for PCB-related designs is to be archived.  The below numbering system doesn't "fit" well into our existing design archives.  Should we CAD-types discuss this further amongst ourselves?

Roger

Chuck Hutton wrote:
Hi Kim,
Your drawing numbers for the circuit boards and things that you were asking for will fall under the D00000-16-03-XXXX category in I-DEAS. If you give me the names and whether it is a part or an  assembly I can give you the last four numbers and reserve the numbers in I-DEAS. The reason for the part or assembly question pertains to the numbering system.

Thanks,
Chuck.

Drawing number Standards.doc

Engineering dwg-spec Standards.doc