Re: Problem with FDC hits in new savehits.F

David,

As for policy on the update schedule for the hddsGeant3.F file in the
HDGeant directory, you can exercise some executive powers on that
decision.  In my opinion, that is not a source file but more like an
object file.  The only reason I stuck a copy of it into the HDGeant
directory was so that a newbie just checking out HDGeant for the first
time could build it without errors.

Well, isn't it an error to make the wires sensitive?  That was done in
former times as a kludge, but it is no longer appropriate, now that I
have implemented a more correct algorithm for aggregation of separated
hit segments for a single track within single active volume.  The reason
it breaks the code to make the wires active is that it makes a situation
where an active volume is embedded inside another active volume.  If you
do that, then it breaks.  I can refine the algorithm to deal with that
case if you want, but when I was writing it I could not think of a
concrete case when I want active volumes inside other active volumes, so
I assumed not -- think of it as a stack with a maximum depth of 1.  And
of course, if I cannot think of a case where it might happen then it
won't happen, right?

If you want a more general algorithm, I can create full stack semantics
instead of just a single set of registers.  Let me know what people want
to see.

-Richard J.