Re: updated talk for PID

Hall D PID Mail List:

Hi Curtis,

I strongly agree with backing off those numbers in the document.

My concern is that you are presenting only the good part of the full
story.  We wouldn't want to give the impression that additional PID is
unnecessary because we've already solved the problem with kinematic
fitting.  There is not enough time to fully understand the rest of the
story regarding which backgrounds leak in.  I think this means you
should avoid such quantitative statements in the text.

Perhaps there are less provocative aspects of Matt's work that could
be presented to demonstrate it is something we are hard at work it?
Showing nearly perfect signal purity with 50% efficiency in the "key
channel for strangeonium hybrids" would be great ammo for shooting
down any claim we need supplementary PID.

-Matt