Re: updated talk for PID

Hall D PID Mail List:

Hi,

I updated the talk.

http://www.jlab.org/~gen/gluex/talk_pid_rev.pdf

It still needs polishing and small rearrangements, in particular the last two slides.
To be finished tomorrow.

I included conservative numbers I obtained with soft cuts and
made a statement that there is a room for improvement (referring to the Matt's
studies). Because of this room, the method seems reasonably robust.

More PID will be most likely needed for non-overdefined reactions
(with a missing particle). It would be nice to get some idea from Matt,
how large the additional suppression should be.
I doubt that a 1C fit can sufficiently improve the PID.

Eugene
Eugene Chudakov
http://www.jlab.org/~gen
phone (757) 269 6959  fax (757) 269 5703
12000 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23606 USA