Re: systematic contributions to time-of-flight resolution

Hall D PID Mail List:

Hi, Matt.

You are right, this is not a study of the intrinsic resolution of the
time-of-flight counters, which is assumed to be perfect for the purpose
of the study.    Rather this is a study of the contributions due to
momentum resolution and path length variations to the uncertainty in
calculated flight time for a particular particle type.   This impacts
the interpretation of the time measured in the TOF or BCAL.

Simon