Re: Tagger interface drawing (fwd)

There are two numbers quoted below: 1.125" o.d. (Tim) and 1.25" o.d.
(Jay).  Why are we using the smaller pipe after the radiator, the the
delivery beam pipe has the 1.25 o.d.?

All of our tagger background simulations to date have been done with a
1.5" o.d., 1.375" i.d. beam pipe between the radiator and tagger magnet,
through the quad.  I would like to know how much it would cost to
increase the gap spec on the quadrupole magnet to 1.5" vs repeating our
simulations and revisiting the question of tagger backgrounds with the
smaller pipe size.  I could do that if it would result in substantial
savings in the quadrupole cost.

Richard Jones

Tim Whitlatch wrote:
> Currently we can only get 1.125 in o.d. because of the 30mm aperture
> quad. Should this grow?
>
> Tim
>
> Elton Smith wrote:
>> Thanks, Elton.
>>
>> Elton Smith
>> Jefferson Lab MS 12H5
>> 12000 Jefferson Ave
>> Suite # 16
>> Newport News, VA 23606
>> elton@jlab.org
>> (757) 269-7625
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, Jay Benesch wrote:
>>

>>> The quads in the hall D line will have 1.375" OD, 1.25" ID beam pipes.
>>>   The tagger quad beam pipe should be as close to this as possible.
>>>
>>> Jay

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature