Re: Tagger interface drawing (fwd from Mark Wiseman)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:53:22 -0500
From: Mark Wiseman <wiseman@jlab.org>
To: Jay Benesch <benesch@jlab.org>
Cc: Tim Whitlatch <whitey@jlab.org>, Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>,
     Tommy Hiatt <hiatt@jlab.org>
Subject: Re: Tagger interface drawing (fwd)

Jay

The QP is designed and in prototyping and this quad or quads have, to my
knowledge, never been part of the BT scope.    If all you need is a
1.375" id in one location I think I would suggest starting with a 1.5"
od  .065 wall tube and turning the OD down.    What is the quad strength
required?   Could QC's work as an alternative?   That would increase the
aperture even more.

Regards,
Mark

Jay Benesch wrote:
> Parts commonality.  Why have a unique quad in front of the tagger when
> the QP will serve?
>
> As for the larger QP bore, it would reduce halo if one could use 38 mm
> OD, 34 mm ID tube in the QPs throughout arc 10 and hall D instead of
> 1.375" OD, 1.25" ID tube.   Recall that CASA design work was done
> assuming the QP was 1.625" bore with 1.5" beam pipe.  I'm still
> pushing to move the poles out a bit to cut down on multipoles.
>
> Jay

Mark Wiseman
MS 4A
Jefferson Lab