Re: [Fwd: Tagger Follow Up Questions]

Hi Julie/Ross,

Sorry for the delay. Here are the answers (in Bold);

The question has to do with the calculation of the magnetic field as discussed in the paragraph of the SOW at the bottom of page 2.  The SOW states that “…University of Glasgow to compute the magnetic fields based upon models provided by the contractor.”  If the design is already 35% completed by UoG and complies with the requirements in Section 1 of the Technical Specification document, and UoG did the design work (assuming their name in the drawing title block indicates they did the design work), what modeling is left to be done by the contractor?  It seems that UoG should already have enough information to calculate the magnetic fields.  The only thing I can think of is that the contractor has to revise the model/drawings to suit the 35% review comments, then use that as the “final” design for the purposes of re-calculating the magnetic field.

There has been an analysis completed on the initial design. If there are any changes made to the geometry during the 100% design, the analysis would have to be redone.

We also have a question regarding the length of time UoG needs to do their work.  While you have accepted responsibility for their performance, it would greatly benefit us to know what the turnaround time is for their work so we know how many weeks we’ll have to complete the FEA work that follows, to make any drawing revisions and still support your July DoE review.

UoG can do the work in 2-3 weeks.

Cheers,

       Tim

Julia Leverenz wrote:
Tim,
Here are a couple of follow-up questions.  Please send your response to Ross, as I will be out of the office after today for hand surgery, returning Feb. 4.
Many thanks,
Julie

[...]

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

--
Julia B. (Julie) Leverenz
Subcontracting Officer