Re: pair spectrometer comments/questions

Hello Dan

I am also new but I will try to answer the best I can.

The electron beam energy is known very well so by measuring the endpoint
of the pairs produced in the pair spectrometer you have a good absolute
energy calibration. The pair spectrometer magnet will be a fairly simple
magnet run far from saturation so it is hoped to have a low uncertainty
in the integrated field for the particles. This should allow a precise
measurement of the photon energies.

The proposal is to use this then to cross calibrate the tagger magnet.
In the tagger the particles pass through long lengths of stray field.
There are also concerns about the deflections of the magnet due to
vacuum forces. As the tagger cannot measure the absolute energy scale
you are dependent on the
field measurements. In hall b you did a cross calibration using the pair
spectrometer and found a .5% difference between the pair spectrometer
and the tagger energies.  I have only read your publication
NIM A 572 (207) 654-661 on this topic.

The plan now from Hrachya is to use a 10-3 radiator. I do not know what
material he plans to use.
Do you know how accurate such a radiator can be made?

Jim