Re: Door in cave extension ... cable trays

Hi Jim,

This sounds like a reasonable approach. Slava will look into doing this.
We also toured Hall B today and got some good information from Doug
Tilles. Assuming we will not use our gantry/trolley system for the pair
spectrometer installation, we can downsize and modify to hang from the
ceiling again. This can be done after construction and no change order
would be needed.

Tim

Jim Stewart wrote:
> Dear Tim and Slava
>
> I asked Rebecca about the door to the cave extension. This is a wire
> door which is 7' high.
> When  you check the structural  drawings carefully you see that the
> ceiling in the  extension is
> 8' 10" high, but there is no  definition of the height at the point of
> the door. This means that
> there will be a 1' 10" gap between the top of the door and the
> concrete ceiling of the labyrinth.
> This is more than enough space to put a cable tray through. This 1'
> 10" gap is not shown on the
> architectural drawings, but in the drawing set the structural drawings
> take precedent over the
> architectural drawings when concrete is concerned.
>
> I propose we put a cable tray along the south wall of the cave
> extension, and run it through the
> labyrinth, and out over the door into the hall. This is easy and
> accessible.
>
> Jim

begin:vcard
fn:Timothy Whitlatch, PE