Re: Technical Design of the Hall D Tagging Spectrometer

Thanks a lot, Jim!
I'll update my sections and send you tex files that only contain these
sections tomorrow - not the complete chapter (in order not to interfere
with Richard).

Have a nice evening

Franz

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Jim Stewart wrote:

> Hello Everyone
>
> I put my present draft of the re-written CDR chapter 4 on my web page and on
> the wiki.
>
> http://www.jlab.org/~jstewart/PPS_Review08.pdf
> http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Tagger_and_Beamline_Review#Material_Prepared_for_the_Review
>

> There is still a lot of work to do but I wanted to distribute what I have.
> The first 36 pages are unchanged as this is part of Richard's writing
> assignment. The majority of the remainder of the document is updated.
>
> Here is what I still need to do:
> Change the author list to GlueX collaboration.
> Chapter 4
>   I need to discuss the dispersion which is more than our spec.
>   I need to update figure 4.2
>   I need to update figure 4.3 and it's caption
>   I need more information from Pavel on section 4.4.
>   Mark Wiseman will give me the numbers for table 4.2
>   Tim and I have to talk to Kelly Mahoney about the PPS and MPS.
>  Chapter 5
>    I need the current and voltage from Yang for the coil for table 5.1
>   I need the length of the focal plane from Yang for table 5.1
>   I need to add a reference for Yang's nice stress note.
> !!! Section 5.3 needs coordinated with Yang and Dan they may re-write it!!!
>   I need better versions of all figures.
>   Figure 5.7 uses data from the old two magnet design.
>   Table 5.2 is only a place holder. It should be replaced with an updated
> version. (Dan? Yang?)
>   I did not change section 5.5
>   We may want to describe the simulation before the magnet.
>
> Chapter 6
>   I added this new.
>   I need to write a introduction section.
>   I need to move Eq 6.1 into the text and update the numbers with Tim's
> Calc.
>   Figure 6.3 needs updated when slava gets a new model.
>   Section 6.2.2 will be written by Richard
>    I do not know what to write for section 6.2.3
>
> Chapter 7
>   I need to write an introductory section
>   Figure 7.1 needs updated when chuck gets a new model.
>   I re-wrote 7.3 but Richard can decide if he wants to keep it.

                   Franz J. Klein, Associate Professor
                   CUA, Department of Physics
                   Washington, DC 20064
   office: Hannan Hall 206          phone: 202-319-6190
   or: Jefferson Lab,CC F-243       phone: 757-269-6671