Re: Moller electrons included?

Alex, please see my comments below.
-rtj

somov@jlab.org wrote:
> Hello Elke, Richard,
>
> The moeller scattering seems to be on everywhere
> in geant (at least it's used for delta-ray production).
> I will check tomorrow once again.
>
> ---------
>
> Regarding the diamond cristal simulation:
>
> 1. My understanding is that moeller scattering is simulated
> when we simulate an electron beam-halo background, i.e.
> geant passes electrons through the diamond (producing
> incoherent beam photons). Richard correct me if I am wrong.
> (though I am not sure that ionization energy losses are
> simulated properly ?)

That is true, provided that the control cards are set up properly.  To
get this, you need ILOSS set to 1 (card LOSS) and a sufficiently low
value of the DCUTE variable (card CUTS) for the volumes of interest.
You can look in the log output from the hdgeant run to see what these
values are.
> 2. It's not taken into account when we generate coherent
> beam photon spectrum (on the cristal) using a beamgen generator.
> Tagged electron parameters are simply analytically smeared in this
> case.

Yes, that's right.
> Richard, I would like to discuss it once again to be sure that I am
> understanding it correctly.

As for background in the GlueX target, the answer is the same as given
under point (1) above.  Provided the cards are properly set up, it is.