Re: [Fwd: Re: Hall D collimator cave simulation needed by RadCon](fwd)

Plots from Pavel.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:40:25 -0400
From: Pavel Degtiarenko <pavel@jlab.org>
To: Dianne Napier <dnapier@jlab.org>
Cc: Jim Stewart <jstewart@jlab.org>, Tim Whitlatch <whitey@jlab.org>,
     Alexander Somov <somov@jlab.org>, Keith Welch <welch@jlab.org>,
     vylet@jlab.org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Hall D collimator cave simulation needed by RadCon]

Hi Dianne,
The revised calculation results for dose rates in the Hall D and inside
the cave may be found in the attached file "hd2009_v01.pdf", in the same
format as the previous set of plots made about a year ago (file
"hd2008_v01.pdf"). The new set is done using the new GEANT geometry
files that Alexander had sent me recently. The result is that the new
geometry provides more shielding for the beam line entering the Hall,
thus decreasing dose rates in the Hall to a minimum, mostly determined
by the inevitable scattering in the target, and backscattering from the
photon dump. Change of the average dose rates inside the cave is small.
Regards,
Pavel

Dianne Napier wrote:

> Sincerely,
>
> Dianne Napier
> dnapier@jlab.org
> 12GeV Integration Engineer
> Ph:   757-269-7475
> Cell: 757-768-8539
> Pgr:  757-584-7475
> Fax:  757-269-7691
>
> Pavel,
>
> Please let me know the status of this simulation.  do you plan to have
> it finished by the end of this month?
>
> thanks,
>
> dianne napier
> 12GeV integration engineer