Re: Hall D electronics update

Hi, Gerard.

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Gerard Visser wrote:
> 	- It gets slightly closer to the channel count per plane you have
> originally specified (I'm looking at GlueX-doc-412-v17 for this). 119
> anodes per plane becomes 8x 16-channel boards (128 ch) or 5x 24-channel
> boards (120 ch). 238 cathodes per plane becomes 15x 16-channel boards
> (240 ch) or 10x 24-channel boards (also 240 ch).

Our new wire count is 96 per anode plane with twice as many cathode strips
on each cathode plane, which is a perfect match for 3x8 channel preamp
boards.  We reduced the number of wires/strips because the active area of
the detector cannot extend out to a diameter of 1.2 m (from which the ~120
wire number came).  At least for the cathode readout the current plan is
to follow your suggest of 24 channels/preamp board.

Simon