FDC cableing

I am glad we have decided to go ahead and purchase a sample of the 25
pr. cable. This cable is going to be the standard for much of the data
acquisition system and it would be very nice to see how hard it is to
work with.

On that note, there were some comments made at the Wednesday FDC meeting
  concerning the possible redesign of the cable. Daniel mentioned that
we might ask to make the outer jacket thiner and I promised to look into
it but, while looking at the cable diagram I also noticed that this
cable is double shielded. It has an aluminized mylar layer with drain
wire, and a copper braid. I believe we could do away with the copper
braid and reduce the copper in the cable by at least half.

I would like comments from the group on whether or not you would like me
  to pursue this.

Thanks
Joe