Re: cable order

Hi,

I have been following the discussions so far, and the analysis of the
optimum choice sounds very reasonable to me for the FDC application.

At one point I had considered using the same type of cable[0.025"
pitch], but with 34 conductors for the CLAS12 drift chamber
application.  Given the present cable space allocation with the CLAS12
drift chamber on board electronics, we have decided to use a 'standard'
34 conductor 'round-twist-n-flat' cable for the prototype chamber.  The
center to center length [ measured between flat sections] has been
optimized for the CLAS12-Region 1 chambers also, so it is not a
duplicated effort.

I like the idea of having a color coded outer jacket, and if it does not
cost extra, I think it would be a nice feature especially since there
will be miles of other cabling that will emit from the detector/rack
area once installation begins.

I tried sending a powerpoint drawing of the FlashADC-250 rack, complete
with details of cabling issues to populate the front of a crate with 256
RG-58 cables.  The file was blocked by the server, so I will post it to
the portal today.

Best regards,
Chris
x5053