Re: Cable length [was: Contact Information for Electronics]

Hi Gerard, Tim and Joe

    From a cost, manufacturing and installation stand point, let me
suggest we keep the lengths the same for each of the CDC and FDC
detectors, or maybe both. Different cable lengths also imply different
shaping constants and one fADC-125 model/rev would be preferable.

Regards,
Fernando

Gerard Visser wrote:
> Hi Tim, Joe,
>     Thanks, this is good information - especially that it includes all
> the detectors. But I still have the question, what will the range of
> cable lengths for FDC and CDC be? The longest FDC cables, according to
> this table, are 52 feet. What proportion of the FDC cables have that
> length? What is the length of the shortest FDC cable? There is no
> electrical reason to match the lengths exactly, but of course this is
> an option, if you have tray space for it. Please let me know your
> thoughts on these questions... Thanks,
>
>     Gerard
>
> Tim Whitlatch wrote:
>> I have attached a table we made last year showing the cable lengths.
>> These are based on already installed configuration. Joe has added 7' to
>> the numbers. This is good since there will be additional length needed
>> for installing the FDC and CDC. This of course should be revisited for
>> the final assy.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>             Tim
>>
>> Joe Beaufait wrote:
>>> The longest run calculation done on autocad showed 52 ft, I made the
>>> test cables 59' or 18 meters. the 3m connectors are difficult and I
>>> would suggest sending assemblies out for construction.
>>> the cables I delivered today are not guaranteed.
begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr:Suite #10, 12B3;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606;USA