Re: Cathode Films from Sheldahl

Hi Fernando,
	Also, after my earlier email I reviewed the situation for the CDC, just
didn't bother to write back yet again. There the wire resistance is I
think about 180 Ohm/m, and the characteristic impedance is 400 Ohm (on
the basis of capacitance formula 2*pi*e0/ln(b/a) and the velocity=c).
[But this is neglecting the spiral gap in the straw tube wall metal,
another one of my "concerns".] So, one thing to say is we should look at
it (line loss effects) for the CDC as well, but conversely one could say
that this means it is not _really_ unworkable to have the line
resistance 50% of the characteristic impedance. Still, I think we should
aim to keep it under 10% for the FDC if possible, sounds like it will be.
	We can talk more after the review - let me know the meeting time if you
find one. I have a couple of conflicts coming up next week...

	Gerard