Re: Cross talk

Hi Fernando,

About the cross talk: yes of course, but at least the plots show that
something is going on. I need to run over the data again for the scatter
and that takes some time. The plots I showed I had already available.

For the peak amplitude plots I go over the fADC time spectra and take the
time sample with the maximum ADC value. I (my program) subtract the
pedestal mean (650) of this (ADC) value and if it is above pedsigma*5 it
is dumped into the peak-amplitude histogram. I do this for every event. By
changing the pedestal (threshold cut) the amplitude distribution shape
will not change, you will only add/cut away the lowest peak-amplitudes but
I can do it anyway.

I do not understand your proposition to make a coincidence between two
adjacent straws. The Fe-55 source is collimated (2*r = 0.5mm) in order to
keep the rate down (the VME computer crashes when the rate is higher then
30 events/s) I could point it to a region where two straws are overlapping
but do you really expect coincidences? I would think the x-ray is
completely absorbed in one or the other straw, not in both. I believe you
can also see this in the cross talk plots on the wiki: the source is
placed on channel 2 but also pointing to channel 5. The trigger is on
channel 2 and I do not see something in channel 5.

Cheers,
 	Yves

                           /--------------------------------
                          /   Yves Van Haarlem
        _--~~--_         /
      /~/_|  |_\~\      /      Carnegie Mellon University
     |____________|    /        Department of Physics
     |[][][][][][]|:= /          Wean Hall room 8404
   __| __         |__ \       	 Pittsburgh, PA 15213
  |  |[] []  ==   |  |   \   	    Tel.:   +1 412 268-6949
  |  |____________|  |    \                  +1 412 641-9252
  /__\            /__\     \	      Fax.: +1 412 681-0648