Re: Tracking tasks

I would also like to run some checks on the two-straw sizes to see if
it impact the total possible number of layers. We may gain some coverage
in the close layer, but loose a tracking layer.

In terms of the geometry changes, I left the meeting on Saturday under
the impression that these changes could be eaily done within what we
currently have (for geometry). If this is not true, please let me know and
I will work on getting new hole patterns out.

   cheers - Curtis
On Mon September 22 2008, David Lawrence wrote:

> Hi Elton,
>
>     We could add a larger straw, but I'm wondering if that should wait
> for the next round of tests. I say that just because I already have a
> list of 6 different geometries to test and we don't currently have an
> XML definition of the large-straw geometry.
>
> Regards,
> -David
>
> Elton Smith wrote:
> > HI David,
> >
> > We should add that to the list.
> >
> > Also, I forgot to include the possibility of using two straws in the
> > close-pack design. According to Curtis this would require two types of
> > inserts, but most of the pieces remain the same.
> >
> > Thanks, Elton.
> >

> > Elton Smith
> > Jefferson Lab MS 12H5
> > 12000 Jefferson Ave
> > Suite # 16
> > Newport News, VA 23606
> > elton@jlab.org
> > (757) 269-7625
> > (757) 269-6331 fax
> >
> > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, David Lawrence wrote:
> >

> >> Hi Elton,
> >>
> >>     In addition to these items, I feel it is important to do the
> >> wire-based track fitting exercise discussed earlier. That should give us
> >> a lot more confidence that the overall procedure and general fitting
> >> algorithm are sound.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> -David

> >> --

> >>   David Lawrence Ph.D.
> >>   Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
> >>   Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
> >>   http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[

Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University
Fax:    (412) 681-0648            Pittsburgh PA 15213-3890
cmeyer@ernest.phys.cmu.edu  http://www.curtismeyer.com/