Papers on tracking (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:58:17 -0500 (EST)
From: Alexander Somov <somov@jlab.org>
To: halld-offline@jlab.org
Subject: Papers on tracking (fwd)

Hello everyone,

Here are a few articles regarding track/vertex
fitting algorithms:
http://www.jlab.org/~somov/tracking/

They are written by a guy who have worked on a
pattern recognition/tracking of the Herab-B experiment
and currently is doing tracking in Atlas; he is
a staff scientist at Rutherford lab now (I studied
and later worked with him for quite time).

In particular, I found rather interesting (relevant
to us) a pattern recognition/tracking algorithm used
in Atlas's transition radiation tracker. It allows one
to resolve a left-right ambiguities in drift tubes
(straw hits) and copes with a high track multiplicity
(see NIM paper).

algorithm_summary.pdf file contains some items which he is
planning to present at Lawrence Berkley lab. (they invite
him to give a seminar)

If we are interested, we can invite him for a day to the
Jlab to give a seminar on his way back to the UK and worm
out details; tracking algorithms might be interesting for
other halls as well.

Cheers,
        Sascha