Background rates for CD3 geometry

Hi Matt (et al),

    I have actually just in the last day or so used your bkgStudy code
to produce some rate plots for the FDC, CDC, and TOF using the old and
new geometries. The ones from the old geometry seem more or less
consistent with the result you showed at the Jan 16, 2007 offline
meeting. The new ones show a significant reduction due to the reduced
material in the tracking chambers. I believe these will be sufficient
for this week's review so don't kill yourself producing new plots. At
some point later on though, it would be good to revisit this in a more
systematic way.

Regards,
-David

Matthew Shepherd wrote:

> Hi Elton,
>
> In principle it is not too much work to update them since the process
> is fairly well scripted.  I'm working on getting the jobs running now,
> but if I get hung up this may have to go on the back burner.  I'll let
> you know how progress is going.
>
> -Matt
>

> On Jan 28, 2008, at 9:29 AM, Elton Smith wrote:
>

>> HI Matt,
>>
>> For the upcoming reviews we will need to update all the plots of raw
>> rates
>> for the new geometry to compare with the rates that you produced last
>> year with the old geometry. This will be useful for the calorimetry as
>> well as DC reviews. Are you planning on getting updated rates or how
>> much
>> effort is it to update them?
>>
>> Thanks, Elton.
>>

>> Elton Smith
>> Jefferson Lab MS 12H5
>> 12000 Jefferson Ave
>> Suite # 16
>> Newport News, VA 23606
>> elton@jlab.org
>> (757) 269-7625
>> (757) 269-6331 fax
>>
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Matthew Shepherd wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've received detailed comments from Alex on this section including a
>>> lot of typographical issues.  I hope to incorporate these sometime
>>> today and circulate a new draft.  Feel free to read for scope and
>>> content, but at this stage you may want to wait until the next draft
>>> before doing a detailed markup.
>>>
>>> -Matt

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[