Re: [GlueX] Hall-B beamtest

Title:
Hi Elton,

You know I am pondering upon what you have written below and your explanation
sounds to me very reasonable and I'll obtain the distribution of the geometric mean.
It is interesting to compare it with the arithmetic mean that we already have.
Thanks a lot, and I'll let you know as soon as I have results (it will be very soon).
Cheers,
Rafael

Elton Smith wrote:
Hi Rafael,

Thanks for producing the plots on energy resolution. For the purpose of
that study the following does not make any difference, but you should
consider using E = sqrt(Ea*Eb) as the measure of the energy instead of the
average of exponentially corrected energies. The geometric mean removes
the energy and the attenuation length dependence to the energy measure so
it makes it a very robust quantity. If you use other form, you introduce
both a dependence on both the position and the attenuation length.

Cheers, Elton.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab