Re: Sweep magnets

Tim,

The gap height of the first magnet is 2 cm and of the second is 5 cm in
the simulation.  These are chosen without any specific cost
optimization, just to insure that the background from scraping was
really negligible.  There is nothing written in stone.  After recent
discussions with Alexander Somov, I am now concerned that the field
integral of 1 kG-m that we have been using might be lower than optimal.
This should be looked at before we finalize this spec.  Just to check,
did you really mean 1/2 kG, or 1/2 Tesla?

Richard Jones