PS plots

Dear colleagues,

Here are few simple plots related to the resolution of the
pair spectrometer:

http://www.jlab.org/~somov/pair_spec/

pair_pol_ang .ps
---------------

Polar angles as function of the lepton energy

- black; production polar angle of a lepton with respect
  to the beam axis.
- red; Moliere multiple scattering angle for a converter
  thickness of 0.01 radiation length

- blue; ---- 0.001 radiation length.

As can be seen, for the L_conver range of 10-3 - 5.10-2 the
resolution is dominated by e+e- production angle (which
goes like ~1/gamma)

pair_res.ps
-----------

Position resolution (due to multiple scattering and e+e-
production angle) as function of lepton energy at a hodoscope
plane. The beam profile resolution is not included in these plots,
i.e., I set x = y == 0;  px = py\ == 0 for beam photons.

 - red plot corresponds to the converter thickness of 0.01  X0
 - blue                                               0.001 X0

Remark:
-------

The distance between the target and the hodoscope plane is
a little bit too large (~5.6 m); the target is placed about
2.20 m upstream the beam from the magnet inside the collimator
cave. The magnet length is 1.8 m (1.64 T field) and the vacuum
chamber is 1.68 m long (should be a bit shorter, i.e. 1.5 m).

I will send around plots with counter rates/background shortly
(jobs are still running).

Cheers,
       Sascha