Re: Change of Shipping address

Hi Fernando, Mitch, Elton,

The plan we laid out is include in the attached document
That is the basis of the current funding for this project.
Please check section called "Revised Plan" which has the latest
version of the plan.

We are over budget on this plan because of:
A) Greater than estimated charges for Mitch's student
B) Greater cost of the ASICs
C) etc.

Also we are way behind the timeline envisaged in the plan.
This is because the development of the ASIC took longer than envisaged -
c'est la vie.

In this plan Alberta's responsibility was in the development of the preamp
Card and in its testing. Of course this workd would have been carried out in
strong and close collaboration with the detectors groups concerned. Mitch of
course was going to do the acceptance testing.  As we have Lars and Jan here
I believe this is still a realistic option although now we will be building
on a good first step. But perhaps we should discuss this.

I suggest I talk to Lars Holm and we arrange a phone discussion on the
issues laid out above as well as Elton's question,
some time next week. If you agree could you send Lars & Jan your available
times.

Cheers, Jim.

On 5/11/07 7:24 AM, "Fernando J. Barbosa" <barbosa@jlab.org> wrote:

> Hi Elton,
>
>     According to my email, no. Perhaps Elke can shine some light into
> the subject.
>
> Regards,
> Fernando
>
> Elton Smith wrote:
>> HI Fernando,
>>
>> I am a little confused. Will there be any testing at Alberta?
>>
>> Thanks, Elton.
>>

>> Elton Smith
>> Jefferson Lab MS 12H5
>> 12000 Jefferson Ave
>> Suite # 16
>> Newport News, VA 23606
>> elton@jlab.org
>> (757) 269-7625
>>
>> On Thu, 10 May 2007, Fernando J. Barbosa wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Mitch,
>>>
>>>     The BIS-711 export control form has been completed and faxed to Jim
>>> Cousins at MOSIS.
>>> The following is a tentative outline of the next steps:
>>>
>>> 1.    The chips will be shipped to you for testing.
>>> 2.    After testing, these will be shipped to Jlab to be assembled onto
>>> the preamp cards.
>>> 3.    The preamp cards are being designed at Jlab for further tests on
>>> the prototype FDC and CDC wire chambers.
>>> 4.    I will circulate a test spec sheet that we can use for qualifying
>>> the chips.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if there are other steps that need to be considered
>>> at this time.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Fernando

Accounts.xls

Addendum_to_ the_Gluex_preamp_development_proposal_April_2006- June 2006.doc