Re: Cable length [was: Contact Information for Electronics]

Hi Elke, Fernando,
	I am completely fine with this point of view - it simplifies
everything, one (or maybe two, FDC+CDC) design for the ADC board
(equalization filter component values), one design of cable assembly to
order. [By the way I think Joe's statement is right on the mark, that we
don't want to assemble those connectors ourselves, it is better to have
that done by a cable assembly vendor]. The only caution is, people
planning the cable trays need of course to allow space for the extra
cable - let's be sure not to forget this small point.
	I will carry on assuming now a single cable length for all of FDC, 21 m
(though we expect actual 16 m according to the table from Tim, it is
better to do the testing under a worst-case condition). Similarly for
CDC we expect actual length of 14 m, I suggest that the test cables (for
chamber/preamp/cable/ADC prototyping) are made with a length of 18 m.
	Thanks,

	Gerard