Re: Cable length [was: Contact Information for Electronics]

Hi Gerard,

    Sounds good. I got 3 cables from Joe and they are 18 m, per Joe's email.

Regards,
Fernando

Gerard Visser wrote:
> Hi Elke, Fernando,
>     I am completely fine with this point of view - it simplifies
> everything, one (or maybe two, FDC+CDC) design for the ADC board
> (equalization filter component values), one design of cable assembly
> to order. [By the way I think Joe's statement is right on the mark,
> that we don't want to assemble those connectors ourselves, it is
> better to have that done by a cable assembly vendor]. The only caution
> is, people planning the cable trays need of course to allow space for
> the extra cable - let's be sure not to forget this small point.
>     I will carry on assuming now a single cable length for all of FDC,
> 21 m (though we expect actual 16 m according to the table from Tim, it
> is better to do the testing under a worst-case condition). Similarly
> for CDC we expect actual length of 14 m, I suggest that the test
> cables (for chamber/preamp/cable/ADC prototyping) are made with a
> length of 18 m.
>     Thanks,
>
>     Gerard
>
> Elke-Caroline Aschenauer wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Fernando J. Barbosa wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I can only agree with Fernando, to have different cable length for each
>> FDC package seems really not a good idea. concerning the same length for
>> the fdc and cdc, I would have less strong feelings, but if there are big
>> differnences in lenght which would influence the settings for the
>> electronics, than we should rethink as it makes to keep track on spreas
>> much harder.
>>
>> cheers elke
>>

>>> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:36:31 -0500
>>> From: Fernando J. Barbosa <barbosa@jlab.org>
>>> To: Gerard Visser <gvisser@indiana.edu>
>>> Cc: Tim Whitlatch <whitey@jlab.org>, Joe Beaufait <beaufait@jlab.org>,
>>>      FDC email list <halld-tracking-hw@jlab.org>
>>> Subject: Re: Cable length  [was: Contact Information for Electronics]
>>>
>>> Hi Gerard, Tim and Joe
>>>
>>>     From a cost, manufacturing and installation stand point, let me
>>> suggest we keep the lengths the same for each of the CDC and FDC
>>> detectors, or maybe both. Different cable lengths also imply different
>>> shaping constants and one fADC-125 model/rev would be preferable.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Fernando

>>  ( `,_' )+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=
>>   )    `\                                                  -
>>  /    '. |                                                  +
>>  |       `,              Elke-Caroline Aschenauer            =
>>   \,_  `-/                                                    -
>>   ,&&&&&V         Jefferson Lab                                +
>>  ,&&&&&&&&:       HALL-D 12C / F381       121-A Atlantic Avenue =
>> ,&&&&&&&&&&;      Mailstop: 12H5          Hampton, VA 23664      -
>> |  |&&&&&&&;\     12000 Jefferson Ave                             +
>> |  |       :_) _  Newport News, VA 23606  Tel.:  001-757-224-1216  =
> [...]
begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr:Suite #10, 12B3;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606;USA