Re: PS target issues

Hrachya,

I agree with your first point completely.  My graduate student studied
this problem briefly, and convinced me that simply copying the Hall B
design with silicon microstrips is not going to work for us.  But we
need to explore this more systematically at some point in the future.

Your second point is a good one.  Our design of the active collimator
has the requirement of keeping the beam spot centered on the primary
collimator aperture within +/- 0.2 mm, with a frequency bandwidth on the
correction of up to 1KHz.  This requirement comes about for precisely
the reasons you describe.

Richard Jones