Re: FEU84-3 / FADC Timing

Hi Fernando,

By +- 4 ns noise, I just mean uncertainty in the clock
synchronization.  Of course this (or lack thereof) is getting designed
into GlueX -- all electronics clocks will be synchronized.  My point
is that this is an absolutely essential feature!

It is going to be very helpful to be able to migrate to the JLab FADC
where we can have multiple synchronized channels.  We should talk at
the meeting about how best we can get one of these modules up and
running at Indiana.  There are only so many tricks we can play with
one channel.  I think very soon we will want start working with
something that looks more like the real system so we can better
explore channel-to-channel stability.  This is where the noise
discrimination and "bunch finding" power will come from the real FCAL
anyway.  It will be crucial to demonstrate that the multiple channels
have a very tight and stable time variance when viewing a common light
source.

See you later this week,

-Matt